Lucky number 7

 

This week I hit 7k followers in my Instagram account, getting to as many people possible was one of my wishes when I started creating videos that told about the real Michael.

 As creative as I tried to be back then, (feels like 10 years ago) nothing worked, I had podcasts, I created cartooned characters, gave them a voice, a personality.

 (is it weird that I miss one of them called JJ?)

I wrote many scripts, edited for days and weeks and months, I really used anything I could think of. I wanted to be different, I wanted to be unique, I believed it would lure people to listen to my messages. Which was "get to know the real Michael, the man the media tells you about, simply does not exist".

 There were many fans out there with channels dedicated to Michael, so being a competitive person, I wanted to stand out. Being competitive is not entirely my fault, I heard it's a Virgo thing.

 Being competitive is not a bad thing, especially when you really just want to show your love and support to a man you absolutely adore.   

 I also thought to interview people that knew Michael, so they can tell who he really is, obviously I spoke from a fan point of view, so knowing that people will listen to someone who actually was there with him would have had more impact, I did my best to get someone to talk to me about Michael.

 I messaged so many people, including his family members, people who worked with him, people who I considered his friends, anyone I could think of.

I got lucky to get this one interview with a man that was really close to Michael, his manager and friend Dieter Wiesner, I really got as close as I could, and I am very thankful for that opportunity, but even that, did not get me the numbers I hoped for.

Yes, I know that numbers of followers are not the most important thing in the world, but in the social media world, when you wish to get to as many people possible because you feel you have something important to say, it matters.

I gotta admit, I felt like a failure for a long time. I didn’t understand what I did wrong. Like everyone I was taught that if you work hard, and put your heart into your work, you will succeed.

And only I know how hard I worked and how much of my heart and soul I put into all my videos, podcasts and more.

At some point, after two and a half intense years, I had to let go and just accept reality for what it is. Maybe I'm just not as good as I thought I was.

So I closed my YouTube channel and stopped creating videos, podcasts etc.  knowing there are other ways to support my Michael.

Every day I am posting something about Michael on my social media accounts, mainly on Instagram which is my favorite platform.

I'm not sure what happened this year and why is the algorithm suddenly noticed me, but some of my videos went really viral, very quickly. And now I get hundreds of followers a day.  And as I said, today I'm at a little over seven thousand followers.

At first it made me happy, then I got a little upset that it didn’t happen because of something I created, which is what I wanted in the first place.  and today I am just thankful that it happened, because now I have an opportunity to do the things I have always loved doing, this time I will do it using my past experiences.

There is this saying, " Don’t be afraid to start over, at least this time you will start it with experience" so I am giving things another shot.

So this week I shared in an audio message saying that I am starting a new podcast called

 faux news.

 And it will be about all the clues that I am noticing lately that tells me that our Michael is coming back this year, possibly in June.

It will start in April 30th. I chose this date because it creates a seven, just add the numbers and you will see what I mean.  I will share short videos of me explaining why I believe BAM day is just around the corner.

As I am sitting to write this I am realizing that at the end it's all about timing. After four years of being part of this adventure, it is very possible that everything I created and went through in those four years was just schooling, learning how to do all those things, I had no past experience with editing videos, I had no idea I can actually do this kinds of things, I had to learn everything by myself.

I learned how to deal with scammers, how to bounce back from back stabbing. I Improved my English, for those of you who don’t know I am from the middle east, English is not my first language.

Those four years were definitely a great school for me, I have learned a lot, about Michael, about this fandom and about my abilities. Now I know what I can do for him, to show him love and support.





 

    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KING OF FILM

The boring truth

why is it so important to support our michael?