The masked singer

 

Last night I missed another episode of the masked singer. (Israel) I don’t follow shows properly lately.  When I woke up this morning my sister who watched it told me who was behind the hippo mask, and it was a shocker!

She told me not just because of the shocking revelation but also because this guy named Ben was one of my crushes when I was a teenager. And of course she remembered that. You can always trust a sibling to remind you your past.  

He is a singer songwriter, and he is known as super shy, but under the mask he was completely free and acted the exact opposite of how everybody knew him. That is why his name never came up as a possibility to be behind the hippo costume.   

He explained the change in behavior in the fact that when he first started he was only 21 and insecure, and today at 45 years old, and a father of two he is a different person and he thought it was time to show other sides of himself. It was really fun seeing him like this. But I am not sure how I feel about this new version of Ben. I like that he came out of his shell and showing his funny sides, and that he finally learned how to handle an interview, but it also looks like he took things to the extreme, if he was super shy back then, today he is trying to display a self-confident guy, but it came out as arrogant. And let me explain why.

Things got a little heated when one of the judges in the show asked him if his father knew he is in the show.

He did not like that, and fired some sarcastic remarks towards her.in every interview he gave after that they knew not to ask him about his dad or at least be very careful when they are mentioning him.

You see, his father is the most successful singer/performer in our country therefor he was always looked at as the son of.

 And no matter how talented he is, and no matter how much he contributes to the music culture, he is always at the end the son of.

 I can understand the frustration, I can understand that no matter how much he will create and give of himself, he will always be asked about his dad when he should be asked about his creation, his music.

But his approach to the subject made me think of Michael's kids Prince, Paris, and Bigi.

when they are constantly being asked about their dad, even though all three of them are not just his kids, they all have their lives, and they are doing a lot of things that are unique to them, and yet whenever they are asked about their father they are always seem to be happy to talk about him. And they are talking about him in such pride and love.

I don’t know if they have moments when they are tired of being the kids of the KOP or maybe at times they are tired of being asked about him, but if they do, I'm happy to see that they have enough respect for their dad to hide that from the public and answer those questions with a smile.

It says a lot about who they are as people, and it says a lot about how Michael raised them.

They really are very impressive young people. When we look at other celebrity kids, and how they act, (like the sun is shining from their behind) and how at times they are seemed sad and lost, and you see Prince, a well-balanced headed young man, that was very responsible and mature from a very young age, I am amazed by him always. I must confess that he is my favorite Jackson, after his father.

And Paris who is a kind gentle soul, very spiritual, and sweet, that found music as her way to express herself. she is a very intelligent and bright young woman. You can see that in her lyrics, a beautiful lady who has a big mind and a big heart, and yet still modest about it all. she is amazing.

And bigi, who I don't know too well, but from what I have seen so far, he seems like a really brilliant guy, I have no doubt he will contribute so much to this world in so many ways, but he is very young he probably needs more time to "cook" as we say in my country, and discover his full abilities.

Most of us will never know what it feels like to be the son or daughter of someone so known, that is always talked about, and I guess that just like anything in life it has it pluses and minuses, but I do hope that they will always remember if there will come a time when they are getting frustrated talking about their dad in interviews, they will remember the love he has for them, and even though he brought them to a very complicated reality, he did his best. And he gave them something that most celebrity kids didn’t seem to get.

I believe you all understand what I mean, the results speak for themselves, all three of them are a product of love, and it shows.

I started this post talking about the masked singer, I can't help but bring up the fact that for the last almost 14 years Michael is the masked singer himself, and his kids are a part of it, having to deal with that reality, and they know better than all of us what is the purpose behind this, and yet for a moment I don’t think it's easy having to sometimes lie, or twist some truths, they always dealt with so much, and yet they stayed kind sweet and strong.

We are all proud of them

i remember a time when Michael said in one of his speeches that his kids are our kids, and if i understand things right, he probably asked us to protect them from the things he had to deal with, if there will come that time when he is finally revel himself to the public and people will get mad that his kids lied to the world, we are all going to be here to defend them and  help people understand the reasons behind this. 

we are all here for them 



   

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Although it is nice to hear them talk about their Dad, it would be great if they were appreciated for the talented, sweet, bright people that they are. Of course they will always be supported in anything they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, we all support them
      ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let Love Lead ❤️

Popular posts from this blog

KING OF FILM

The boring truth

why is it so important to support our michael?